Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving... sorta...

Lots of things to be thankful for... new job, decent health, lots of travel, family is doing alright, friends still haven't killed me yet, Aggies beat the hell outta' t.u. With all the changes happening around me, I'm really thankful for all the blessings that haven't even happened yet.

Turns out that the renter I had lined up for my house (signed most of the documents and everything) has backed out of the deal. I'm not too terribly upset at the news; I'm sure I can still get a renter fairly soon. I'm only upset because I planned everything on the house being rented by now. The almost-renter wanted the house by December 1st, so I got to work and started packing. My dad and I (mostly my dad) moved everything out of the house and into storage this week. Currently, my furnishings consist of a small TV, one chair, one end table, a mattress on the floor, and my upturned cardboard box/computer desk. Most of my clothing is in storage or in suitcases, and I'm ready to get out of here. Now... I'm stuck in limbo.

Spent the Thanksgiving holiday hunkered down trying to pack away the last few bits and pieces of my housewares. Spending three straight days in a vacant house with not much to do but clean gets a little old. Now I've got to take myself and the dog and go hide out in a parking lot somewhere while an agent comes by this morning to show the house. I guess I should take the time to practice my Arabic.

later...

No comments: